Well, WE did it! John Henry had a successful entrance into kindergarten and I didn't have to be hauled out by security kicking and screaming. John Henry went right in to the classroom, found his name and hung his backpack and lunch box and gave Mrs. Tyner the picture he made for her last night. He was so excited and I was doing fine until I noticed another mom hug Mrs. Tyner and begin to cry - WELL, to quote Dolly Parton from "Steel Magnolias" - "I make it a rule that no one cry alone in my presence!" I thought I had made it out the door without John Henry seeing me tear up but Jon said he wanted to tell me something so I went back in and we talked about me having a treat from Sonic ready for him when we pick him up this afternoon. I think that he could tell I was fighting tears so I tried real hard to be brave :) and let him know everything was going to be GREAT! I left him at the table creating something wonderful with play-doh and passed several other moms on the way out wiping their own tears. It is now almost 12:00 and I cannot wait to go pick up my baby. I can't wait to hear about his day and give him a big hug!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Well ... I see you made it to your big day! You have so much to look forward to from here on..... just ask your dad. I know it was the hardest thing leaving him there, believe me you were more sad than him .... oh, the fun to come. Give him a high five from his angie and tell him how very much I love and miss him (my josh to). Place him into the hands of God all the days of his life and watch him grow in power and love.
Angie
Post a Comment