Thursday, December 11, 2008

Thankful Thursday

I am trying to be a good blogger and post regularly SOOO since I am on a roll (2 days in a row!!) I thought that I would copy some of my blogger friends and write a "Thankful Thursday" entry - here it goes...
1. I'm thankful for BeBe - my hairstylist, hairdresser, girl that colors and cuts my hair - she is wonderful and I was able to pay her a visit today along with my 4 year old who plugged his ears while she was blow drying my hair and consistently asked "When are we going to weave?" (aka "When are we going to LEAVE?" - I love the way he says it...) Anyway, my hair is newly highlighted, bangs trimmed and hair trimmed, but only slightly because I don't want to suffer the wrath of my 6 year old who HATES my hair cut short and does not keep his opinions to himself when it comes to my hair...the things I do for my children!!!
2. I am thankful for the Rain we are getting even if it does make getting myself and Josh in and out of the car umpteen times a bit wet and messy - We DEFINITELY need the rain!
3. I am thankful for McDonald's Cinnamon Melts and their Sweet Tea, both of which I had this morning before my hair appointment - YUM!
4. I am thankful that my boys really TRY to use their manners - saying please and thank you to not only Jon and me, but to strangers and that they love to hold the door open for people especially ladies (I'm trying to train them to be good boyfriends and husbands - WAAYYYY further down the road of course!) I love that they want to put money in every Salvation Army bell ringer's bucket. One day a couple of weeks ago Josh asked for money to put in one and I asked him "Do you know why we put money in those buckets?" to which he replied, "To get Tootsie Wolls!" (A sweet man from a different organization gave him toosie "wolls" one time) SOOO after I squeezed him for being CUTE - I used my teachable moment to explain to him about helping those less fortunate than us (and if by chance he gets a toosie woll while helping in the process, then so be it...) :).
5. On a serious note I am most thankful for the Gift of JESUS. It seems too easy to get swept up in the commercialism of this time of year and I have been guilty of doing just that. But I am trying to remind myself that NO gift that I can give or receive compares to the gift that God gave to us in the form of His Son - Jesus Christ and to the gift of Salvation that Jesus gave when He died on the Cross for our sins. I am thankful that 18 years ago, Jesus came into my heart and saved me. And although I have let him down many times since then, he has never left me and never forsaken me.

1 comment:

Lori at JOY Unspeakable said...

Great list! Nothing like a fresh highlight & haircut to make a girl feel all new again!

But my favorite is #5. Yippee Jesus!!

Love ya!
Lori