Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Thanksgiving in Pennsylvania
















My mom moved to Pennsylvania in August to be near my grandparents and it has been a hard adjustment for all of us - we miss her being here, but my grandparents are loving her being around so that makes it easier. We were able to go up there over Thanksgiving and spend almost a week. When we arrived there was snow on the ground and John Henry was ready to get started on making a snowman. He made three before we left. We rode around my grandparents' property on the ATVs and the boys had a blast! My big boy :) was able to be there for the first two days of deer season (muzzle loading - I believe it's called) and although he didn't get his monster, trophy buck - he did see A LOT of deer. It is a beautiful place and my husband would live someplace like that in a heartbeat. I'm a city girl and considering that the nearest Target was over an hour away from where we were, I will settle for visiting now and then. We had a great time and my little one just asked me today when we're going back...maybe sometime next summer...

1 comment:

Jodi said...

OK! That is a beautiful place and my husband is just like yours! I am more like you. I would die without a store within a short hop on an interstate. Brave people live like that, but I must say I admire them earthy folk! Hope you are doing well. I enjoyed reading your blog! Good blogger!